Sunday 27 October 2013

Pumpkin Carving Halloween Fun!!!

Hello pumpkins! How are you all doing this week?
Who is excited that it is halloween? I have finally got around to carving my first pumpkin of the season.  I wanted to do something a little different, every year I tend to stick to pumpkin faces so I went with a design that wasn't a face for once.  I got my pumkin from Tesco for £1, most supermarkets do them pretty cheap.

I start by removing the top of the pumpkin with a small knife and begin removing the inside goop.  Once the goop is gone I work away at the fleshy parts using a spoon and upwards motions.  When it comes to carving your design, it is better if the flesh isn't too thick.

I picked out a witchy silhoutte from http://www.pumpkinpile.com/patterns_jacks.php and printed it out.  I had to print out a few at different sizes before I got the right fit.  Cutting out my silhoutte carefully I was getting very excited (what a child ha ha).  I like to pin my design on to the pumpkin, this holds it in place better for drawing around it using a biro.  Now I am ready to carve...

What I use to carve is a stanley knife because it is small and I get the most precise cut. Overall from start to finish this little beauty took me an hour and a half.  Well worth it I think!!



Wishing you a fun and spooky Halloween from the scary version of Ashly!! 


What do you think of my pumpkin lovelies and will you be carving one?

Don't forget you can follow me on

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love your witch pumpkin ... I need to try and carve a pumpkin. I have never carved one in my life but keep meaning to give it a bash!! There is a tesco at the bottom of my street, I'll go and get a small one to be on the safe side. Ha.

    Laura xx

    P.s. I am hosting a Michael Kors watch giveaway on my blog this evening. If you are feeling lucky, check it out :)

    http://www.atouchoftartan.co.uk/2013/10/michael-kors-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how people make their pumpkins look this good. Witchcraft! (hardy har har) I always go for the triangle eyes and 3 toothed smile and even THAT gets messed up. lol

    VoyageOfTheMeeMee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a lot of fun!!! I will have a look at your giveaway! sounds fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha yes witchcraft! lol. A stencil really helps lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to lie Pumpkin carving is possibly my favourite part of halloween! I take it far to seriously though, rather competitve with my pumpkins hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wouldn't it be fabulous winning a pumpkin carving competition!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant pumpkin you have there, I just posted mine too xx


    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you!!! eeh I will have to take a look at yours xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx